multitools

The various brands all seem to have these oscillating multi tools. Does anyone have any comparative experience? In other words, which is best?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Then Bosch blue.

Reply to
A.Lee

I have not met anyone who has used an extensive rage of them as yet...

I own the older style of Fein Multimaster rather than the newer model with the tool less blade change which would probably be better still. It regularly digs me out of situations that would be a right pain to solve by other means.

I have handled (in the shop) but not used, some of the other basic clones. They feel solid enough in the hand but you can see the corner cutting in various ways like short mains leads (the Fein's is over 4m long which is very handy) and restricted duty cycles on the motors. Many of the clones also include no capability for dust collection.

Some other stuff that may be of use here:

John Rumm

I have the ubiquitous green Bosch and the Aldi (powercraft?) cordless. Both are perfectly serviceable for domestic use and share the same tools. I'd like to upgrade to a Fein, primarily for the quick tool change, but since I have over £100 worth of Bosch blades and attachments that wouldn't fit it wouldn't make any sense.

Reply to
pcb1962

older multimaster with the bolt fitting can use Bosch blades anyway)

Reply to
John Rumm

looks like a Fein will be back on the shopping list then when the Bosch packs up.

Reply to
pcb1962