Multipurpose Workbench

Hi

I've been looking at this:-

seems an ideal multi-purpose tool. I plan on using it primarily as a tablesaw and router table.

Has anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Here is the brochure:-

stevelup

First impressions...Instability when passing lumber through.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

If you want a workbench? make your own.

This can be achieved with limited graft ie I've aquired an office desk that has a steel 1" square frame work which I picked up in an auction room for

10GBP. Its as solid as a proper workbench would come.
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I wouldn't buy this sight unseen.

I have one of the other products in Wolfcraft's range for Workmate applications - i.e. clamping and rough sawing - and it's somewhat better than B&D's offerings.

However, generically these portable machine tables tend to be a bit of a disappointment. The plastic topped ones (e.g. B&D) tend to be a bit flimsy and the sheet metal ones liable to bend because the table is not well supported. The other issue is that it can take a long time to mount and demount as well as to adjust the power tools. Keep in mind as well that a 180mm typical circular saw is not going to have a lot of depth of cut in a bench.

If you are interested in this type of solution, the Triton Workcentre could be worth looking at as well.

If you are having to buy the power tools as well then it may be worth looking at a fixed table saw and a router table. Both are likely to be more satisfactory.

Reply to
Andy Hall