Multiple appliances on a fused spur

Hi

Hidden away in a cupboard I have two fused, switched, connection units each of which supply an electric towel rail in an adjacent bathroom and a cloakroom.

Inevitably no-one ever remembers to turn these things off, so I'm contemplating getting the connection units replaced with some kind of run-down timer, such as

of those kinds of gadgets seem to be fused, so I still need some kind of fused spur off the ring main upstream of them. I'm also assuming I need a separate timer for each of the two towel rails.

Question - any reason why I can't use a single fused connection unit to supply both of these timers? That would already involve installing one extra pattress box, and I really want to avoid having to add two.

But there are probably better solutions that I haven't thought of....

Regards

Fused spurs can have an arbitrary number of appliances connected to them. However, *all* the wiring must be rated for the full current through the fuse. (And voltage drop calculations must assume that the appliance at the end of the longest piece of wire is drawing all the current.)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Thanks - I'd assumed (hoped) that was the answer, but I've googled unsuccessfully for anything that explicitly says so.

Each of the towel rails is worth no more than 200-300 watts, yet both of the existing fuses are 13A. I'm pretty sure a single 13A unit can cope with both of them :-)

Thanks again

Reply to
Anonymous

sounds fine, 240w is only 1A