Multi tools

Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No idea on comparison between makes/models, but the blue Bosch GOP 250 Pro I bought when it was on offer from Axminster seems to work well. Does a very neat job on floorboards and putting 2 vents in a door was a doddle cf. using drill and saw etc.

Reply to
PeterC

Fein. But whether it's worth the extra cost to you I dunno. It's one of those beautifully made tools that gives pleasure to handle even before you use it. It also comes with a pretty solid case which might be important for pro use - carrying it around.

Too late now - but the cordless one Aldi had a few months ago was remarkable value for the odd job where cordless is needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Obviously the =A3500 Fein. If you're a tiler (doing odd-tile repairs at least), this is worth having. I've got the =A3160 Fein, and I've managed to wear it out and break it a couple of times. Both of these are still cheap though in comparison to the tooling costs.

The Happy Shopper from Lidl is better than nothing.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You haven't said what you're going to be using it for, or how frequently. My green Bosch has survived 3 years of frequent DIY use, some of it quite intense. If I were a pro using it every day then I'd go for the Fein or the blue Bosch. If I'd had a bit more cash when I bought mine I'd have gone for the Fein, but the Bosch was on offer at a third of the price. If you've got money to burn then I expect Festool do one.

Reply to
pcb1962