Moving toilet update and request for more help

Hi everyone, a while back I posted a message asking for help with moving a toilet from downstairs to upstairs at my brothers house. The overall general opinion was to not reroute pipes but to just put in a new soilpipe and cut into the drains. Brother didnt really want to dig up the drains but yesterday we started digging them up.

We found the main sewer pipe and also the pipe which goes to the existing toilet. They are the clay type pipes and where they join is where he wants his soil pipe to be so this creates a small problem. Obvioulsy he cant join into an existing join.

Can he tee into the pipe which already goes to the existing toilet rather than into the main drain? If so, how does he do it?

Thats how the pipe looks at the moment, he'd like to tee in at the asterisk point, could he put a 90deg tee there or does it have to be a 45deg tee. This will still be underground. What is the easiest way of connecting to this clay pipe. How does he break into the pipe? What is the connection he should be asking for? All ideas are greatly appreciated before he takes the next step and actually goes for it. He did call a plumber to ask how much he'd charge but this man didnt want my brother to dig up the drains, run the new soil pipe or break through the wall to the toilet. He wanted £600 for that which seems a trifle steep.

Also, while digging up the floor, he noticed the soil was very wet even though there hasnt been much rain. When the pipes were exposed, he left them overnight and there was a three inch deep pool of water in the hole so presumably he has a hole or crack in the drains, if he can find where it is leaking, how does he repair that hole? This hole must be on the main sewer pipe as he tested the toilet pipe by flushing it a few times after he'd dried the pipe off.

Thanks for any help Pete

Reply to
PeteZahut