Moving Sky TV

SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going to the right & vice versa.

TV cables will need extending, no problem, I can buy a Sky twin cable extension kit.

But we have what looks like a conventional aerial cable plugged into the TV. Since we only watch the terrestrial channels via Sky - do I need this connected as well?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

I would connect it as insurance against the Sky box failing for any reason.

You won't be popular with SWMBO if she misses her favourite program because you saved a couple of bob on a 3rd coax.

Reply to
Bill

And next week she will want it rearraged front to back:-)

Reply to
ARW

Short answer, no, you don't *need* it. Unless you watch Freeview on the telly. Or your Sky box/dish go wobbly every now and then, or you're using all the Sky tuners to record stuff and you want to watch another channel, etc etc.

I always found it handy to keep it connected, but it's not essential. Some TVs receive firmware updates through them, but they're not very frequent and you could probably download it and use a USB stick instead.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

No.

Reply to
John Rumm

++1
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wouldn't buying her a pair of reversing goggles be easier?

Don't forget the phone cable for the Skybox to phone home.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, unless there is something else going on we are not aware of!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff