moving outside electricity meter box - a little bit

Hi again - I have searched through the achives but didn't find a definitive answer, so here goes:

Next to the backdoor is the electricity meter. We want to move the backdoor 70 cm to the right and the outside meterbox 70 cm to the left (approximately) - so swapping the two. If we can move the meterbox over without breaking any seals and disconnecting any cables by losening it from the wall and dig a big hole in front would that require any involvement from the supplier ?

Reply to
elpee

Per my other reply - yes - you're not allowed to play with their equipment.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Well the cables wouldn't reach for a start! Give the supplier a call and they will do it all for you. That way you will not break anything.

Reply to
Dan

For a cost. Which might make leaving it all alone seem sensible.

Reply to
Mogga

Maybe, but when I demolished my house, we left the meter and box still connected in a large plastic bag..to provide power for the site..

eventually we got a new box installed it and asked the board over to disconnect/reconnect it officially.

Well, actually to reseal the fuse the sparkies had pulled to do the move ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It should have been pot-ended for safety - you were lucky !

Reply to
Colin Wilson