Moving non-condensing boiler -it can it be done :)

Some of you may remember I had trouble a month or so ago getting a plumber to move my 2 year old non-condensing boiler. This was because he said moving a boiler was classed as installing a boiler and all new installations post April 2005 must use a condensing boiler. I phoned and emailed building control and got the same story. I was outraged so I emailed my MP (using

complaining about this ludicrious situation as I was sure the environmental impact of throwing away a boiler and constructing a new one would be higher than the 10% effeciency saving.

Well, to my surprise my MP, Gerald Howarth, chased it up. My wife got a phone call today from our council's chief surveyor saying that the view of corgi and Joe Mcgrath (someone important at corgi) is that "repositioning a boiler in the same house is not considered to be a boiler replacement" so I can move the boiler. Once I find a plumber I have Joe Mcgrath's phone number in case the plumber needs confirmation.

The only trouble is I actually have to do the job now. It was crossed of the list before.

Reply to
thomas.rynne

Well done - top result :)

Reply to
Tim S

Nice one!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Is this officially documented anywhere ? I was under the impression that it was not allowed. I may need to refer to your case when I come to do the job, or to convince my friendly plumber that it is OK. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

That's useful since any of us can now use that argument in similar circumstances as needed. Although we might end up in a fight with the BCO it's not one they are going to win 8-).

Reply to
Ed Sirett