Moving Flooring joists

Hi There

I would like to increase the headroom on the stairway, at preset th biggest thing i can fit upstaris without bending or cutting in half is an 8 x 4 shee of board, the 4 ft being the maximum clearance on the stairs. Is it possible to to move one of the joists and then slope the ceilin to gain a few inches? There is a wall above this joist, but it is not load bearing, I know might end up having to lose some sapce from the room above, but ther will only be a fitted cupboard there anyway. I appreciate there is possible no easy answer to this due to loading and joist fixings etc, but any help would be appreciated. Simo

-- SimonST

Reply to
SimonST

Without any diagram of what there its more than difficult to answer. There are generally ways to do this sort of thing, but it sounds like a lot of effort for very little gain to me.

NT

Reply to
meow2222