Moving A Radiator

I would like to move a radiator about a foot to the right. do i need t

drain down the system to do this.

i know the radiator is some way connected to the radiator on th opposing wall, can i isolate both these radiators and move it?

I had a quote for £150 for a plumber to do this

-- bill mcgeorge

Reply to
bill mcgeorge

Probably yes, unless you can use rubber bungs to creat a vacuum in the system.

Nope, the system needs to be drained even if you isolate the rad on the opposing wall.

Very reasonable IMO. In fact fairly cheap. I'd charge around that, the rad on the opposing wall (I assume you mean the other side of the same wall) could make it more complicated.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In the unlikely event that someone has provided full bore isolator valves on the common feed and return for these radiators, you can isolate them without draining the rest of the system.

Otherwise, you'll have to drain down - unless you fancy having a go at using a freezing kit to prevent water escaping whilst you have the system apart. The second option is not for the feint hearted!

Reply to
Roger Mills

If you get black sludge on the carpet, it could cost you a lot more than £150, and that's not considering the domestic disharmony that might ensue.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Easily identified by the rocking horse droppings found nearby :-)

I should be so lucky!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman