Moving a light switch

I have to relocate a light switch. Not by much, just a foot or so. It's not possible to run a completely new cable, but it will be a simple matter to run a chased-in cable from the old switch box to the new one. I can fit a blank surface-plate over the old wall-box, but is it acceptable to use ordinary chocolate-block (of the correct rating, obviously) to extend the cable? Or is there some custom-made connector that I'm not familiar with?

Many thanks,

Bert

Bert Coules

a removeable cover over it. Otherwise, you're supposed to crimp the joints.

Having said that, my house is riddled with circular junction boxes which can only be accessed by taking up floorboards!

Reply to
Set Square

That's what I hoped; thanks.

Bert

Bert Coules

That still counts as "accessable" (you can lift a floorboard)... it is only when you start plastering over them you have a problem.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its as eassy to hack out a section of plasterboard as lift a floorboard frankly :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher