moving a bath?

Hi, I am new to the whole DIY thing and was wondering if I could ask for some advice: see pics:

want to turn the shower cubical into a cupboard by having the shower come out from the other side of the partition into the bath. This would require moving the bath about a foot backwards. I am wondering if it is worth doing this myself as I don't have much DIY experience. The big problem here is that I would need a plumber to disconnect the bath, and then reconnect the bath once I had moved it. They would also need to reroute the shower pipework, leaving me to make good the partition (plasterboard?) What would the differnce in cost be between getting a plumber to do this in two visits and moving the bath myself, or just getting a someone who would do everything just leaving me to do the tiles etc? I need to make sure that the floor under the bath is properly sealed as there are signs that water has leaked through into the room below in the past (thought i suspect that is from the shower).

Reply to
camjay