Movement in worktop sink cutout

Hi,

I have just noticed that if I press down hard on my sink then the worktop at the back moves by approximately 2mm. The worktop and sink were installed a couple of weeks ago. At the back of the sink the worktop is about 4cm in width.

Should I be worried about this movement?

Is 4cm too small and should I have moved the sink cut-out further from the back of the worktop?

Will weakness appear over time leading to splitting of the 4cm strip?

I can get to the back from inside the sink base unit and could support this

4cm strip, but it is a pig of a job. Is it worth doing this?

This is the type of thing I lay awake at night worrying about!

John

Reply to
John Greenwood

You mean the chipboard bends ?

I would strengthen it. I also make sure mine are as waterproof as possible, water attacks chipboard very fast.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Yes by about 2mm