Mould On Shower Sealant .

A friend of mine,in a house built about 18 months ago,has mould appearing in the en-suite shower ,mainly on the silicone sealant round the tray . I know she has tried different means of removing it but she has asked me to remove the sealant and do it again . Before i do so has anyone any tips for removing the mould . Stuart
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:44:31 +0000, Stuart

Bleach will make it look nice and white again, although I don't know if this actually removes the mould (but if not, it surely kills it). I also don't know if there are any long-term side effects on the silicone sealant, but haven't noticed any deterioration on the sealant around my bath (and if the alternative is to replace it, you can't really lose).

I use neat bleach, applied gently with an old toothbrush. I leave the bleach on for a couple of hours, then rinse off, and then repeat if the mould is not all removed, but it usually is.

white vinegar and an old toothbrush should do the trick (and elbow grease of course)
(good old kim and aggie, i love their tips and tricks)
MiniEmma xxx

try anti fungal silicone, do a 'google search' on sanitary silicone uk i have tried this and had no problem since. bob

If I need to replace it i will but i would have thought the builders would have used this when installing the shower . Stuart
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:48:24 +0000, Stuart

Since it's a modern build I'm surprised they even sealed it, but then I have no truck for modern builders. They'll have used the cheapest shit they had. -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs