Mould on kitchen floor.

Hi all, recently I got an underground leaking pipe fixed in the kitchen, removed the lino and been drying out the cement since, it was very wet. I have noticed a number of small patches of white mould on the cement. Should the whole floor be treated before I get it tiled.

It has been a week drying out and probably has another week to go, but will this disappear when fully dried?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
noeloneill

Could it be salt leeching out of the cement ? (you see it on brick walls sometimes)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Its almost certainly not mold,but efflorescence - salts carried out of cement by water moving through.

If you are tiling, brush it off and tile away.

BUT i'd wait a few weeks to get the floor really dry beforehand.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher