Mould and Mldew Removal

I have tried everything to get rid of this around the shower /bath particularly on the silicone round the bath .I have tried bleach which did nothing ,Screwfix's No-Nonsense mould spray which again did nothing .I got the other day Lakelands Mould Remover which you leave on for 2 periods of 30 minutes .What it has done has taken away the blackness and lightened it to a sort of pale putty colour which doesn't look so obvious . I guess the only real answer is to strip out the silicone and renew it and scrape out the grout where it is affected and regrout and wipe the surfaces down each time it is used .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Usenet Nutter wibbled on Thursday 31 December 2009 12:12

If you do regrout, a tiler who did some work for me recommended SealGuard spray to apply as soon as the grout's in. Supposed to be better than Lithofin, which is the other main contender.

Can't comment yet on the effectiveness, as it's not had the test of time but it's something to consider.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim W

Was that the H&G stuff? Thats the best I've used no question.

You can get silicones with mould resistand properties these days, don't know how good they are mind.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes ,that's the stuff.

Don't just about them all claim to be that ..lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter