Most compact G9 LED

I'd like to replace some 25W halogen G9 bulbs with LED replacements but, as ever, the physical dimensions differ from the originals insofar as the positioning of the light source from the bulb base.

What wattage LED should I be looking for and can anyone recommend one that is as near as short as its halogen equivalent?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I have a 3x G9 light fitting in the office. All the LEDs types (I've tried) are bigger than the halogen but whether or not this is a problem depends o n the light fitting. Get ones that have the same light output as the haloge ns around 250lm, that'll probably be the 3W units - unless you want more li ght.

Reply to
ed

A lot depends on the exact fitting, but you could have a look at some of these:

They give reasonably full details, and you have 30 days to return if unsuitable.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Thanks. That's helpful if not enormously encouraging. I'm sure that any of them would do, but they will move the light source away from the geometric centre of the light fittings.

Yes, I know I'm just being fussy. ;-). I think I'll try some of the lowest wattage ones as we currently have an excess of light.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+