Mosquito under-25 repellant device

Bit of bother with some of the local teenage hoods, and considering installing one of these outside the house. Has anyone tried them, or had any success with them ? What sort of range do they have ?

Reply to
Mr Flibble

Personnally i would have every home fitted with one,the thought of repellng teenagers is just too good to be true

Reply to
ALex

Unless, of course, you happen to have spawned a few yourself, or a few innocent ones are walking by.

It'd be particularly cool to get a portable one, though.

Reply to
Mr Flibble

There has been talk of banning their use. However, in some shopping areas, playing classical music has been found to be as effective.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In article , Mr Flibble scribeth thus

Seem to work quite well judging by the "'uman rights" issues being raised. Their on the Menvier security website..

Reply to
tony sayer

You could try Des O'Conner instead blasting out. Someone I spoke to reckoned that very fresh horse muck along the hedge side they hang about on would work. Put brambles and other prickles in your hedges if they sit in them for fun.

The mosquitoes that "infringe youths civil liberties" aren't on all the time. They get put on for 20 mins max when there's a problem.

They were saying about integrating youths into society - Well the rest of society manages to sit and read or watch tv or go and do some sport and doesn't feel the need to hang round on the streets. We don't need to provide constant entertainment for young people. They need to be parented and taught that sometimes you have to find quiet things to do, on a zero budget without annoying people. Otherwise I suspect we will have hoardes of adults roaming the streets in drunken rages in search of their next blast of entertainment because that's what they've been led to expect.

Why don't we have a curfew so that youths aren't allowed out in the evenings without a parent with them. Then parents would be forced to take some responsibility for their kids and not leave them out on the street that they seem to think is some sort of youth centre. There's got to be a reality TV program in it - "My kids don't do that" where they secretly film yobs and show the footage to the parents after.

Reply to
Mogga

Mr Flibble wrote in

"Innocent teenagers"?

Reply to
PeterMcC

Pyracanthus.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Colin,

Unfortunately, some people suffer from hyperacusis which can result in even otherwise-pleasant classical music driving us out of the shopping areas - not just the hoods!

(Mind, most non-classical music, announcements, reversing beepers, etc. are all far worse. :-))

Quick summary -

Reply to
Rod

Hmmm.

s/unless/especially/

David

Reply to
Lobster

If they do get banned what about using sonic cannon as employed to repel pirates in the Indian Ocean

Reply to
cynic

Have a look here for some info - it may be of some use (not a lot but some: :-)

yob repelent though would be to lock up all the do-gooders and revert back to the old fashioned discipline that parents, school teachers, police and neighbours used to be able to instill without fear of recrimination.

And I'm *NOT* advocating pure physical abuse that leaves huge welts, bruises etc, or the young child a physical or mental wreck -- before the aforsaid do-gooders throw their inane comments about how children should be left to run riot because giving them a well deserved clip on their bums or legs degrades *their* human rights!!

BRG

Reply to
BRG

It is.. babies can hear it just as well as teenagers. If you start waking your neighbours babies at night and they find out its you you can expect some grief.

Also isn't it illegal to torture babies?

Reply to
dennis

"nightjar.me.uk>"

And doesn't cause problems with babies or animals either.

Reply to
dennis

That are the ones that have a mosquito ring tone on the phones so the teacher cannot hear it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Bloody expensive to purchase outright though

Emil Tiades

I have the opposite problem - a reduction in hearing at mid-range frequencies. However, wandering around Troyes at Christmas, I found the constant music simply annoying.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>" ...

No idea what Troyes is but if I hear any 'music' coming from anwhere in a public place (except live Christms music at Christmas) I simply avoid the place.

Even worse, though, is radio being played in shops. It can't be listened to by staff if they're working so why have it? I know you probably don't know ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My hearing is fine, but I cannot enter shoeshops and clothes stores where rap noise is being "played".

Reply to
Emil Tiades

A rather nice town in France - but I guess more spoiled since I visited. Benneton had just arrived....

Reply to
JonH