More traffic from Oz, UK?

Am I imagining it or is there more participation from UK and Oz these days? I like it, because they talk funny. (And mention products we can't get here..and prices in "P's") And the expression "The Mutt's Nuts" is now in my vocab. Just who are these people from uk.d-i-y, uk.rec.cars.maintenance ?

Reply to
Robatoy

In message , Robatoy writes

We're the dogs bollocks mate (did ya' see where mutts nuts comes from there?)

Now go and practice saying "I am a humble septic"

Reply to
geoff

Err, excuse me. We speak queens English, you are the ones that talk funny :-)

Mike In gods country (North Yorkshire)

Reply to
MuddyMike

------------------------------------ Yep, definitely a foreign language .

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Just who are these interlopers from rec.woodworking? Not that I give a monkey's one way or the other.

Reply to
Tim Streater

North Yorkshire... is that the barren stretch of the A1 on the way to the ACTUAL God's country aka Scotland? When is North Yorkshire going to field a football team?

Reply to
Robatoy

Be a while yet,they`re still learning cricket. :-)

Reply to
mark

On this side of the pond we speak the Kings English. Elvis that is. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Uh-huh!

Reply to
Robatoy

We are just a harmless bunch wanting to be loved.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hopefully never, as it would then no longer be Gods favorite county

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

In the case of woodworkers, ... fingerless

Reply to
geoff

You have NO idea how difficult it is to pick one's nose.

Reply to
Robatoy

I love you guys.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Yes, and look what happened to him. And that should be "King's", by the way.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Angle grinder. Well, you /are/ crossposting to uk.d-i-y...

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Is it more difficult than trying to get someone else to pick YOUR nose?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Am I imagining it or is there more participation from UK and Oz these days? I like it, because they talk funny. (And mention products we can't get here..and prices in "P's") And the expression "The Mutt's Nuts" is now in my vocab. Just who are these people from uk.d-i-y, uk.rec.cars.maintenance ?

-----------------------------

Most people in England don't speak English but some county dialect of their upbringing that little resembles BBC English or Queen's English.

Midwest Americans and Central Canadians speak a far more listenable and truer dialect of English than the Brits.

Reply to
The Henchman

Swot up on yer scouse now, mate!

Reply to
Swingman

In message , The Henchman writes

How can you tell?

Most run out of words after the first three

Septics ...

Reply to
geoff