More on electric cars.

The problem is that solar panels generate on average about ten times as much in june as they do in december.

So whilst 220 miles a day is on for june, its 2.2 miles only in winter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wonder which comedian came up with the figures.....

I'm also suspcious of this free charging, will it be free from home too?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Dunno but it tends to be unreliable...

Reply to
polygonum

I have explained that you in the past. Unfortunately you are too dumb to understand.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must stop making things up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They were in Liverpool. This one bigger and made in Newport Pagnell.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So what harmful toxic emissions come out of conventional modern cars then?

Possibly helps make up for all the extra weight they are carrying and the extra beneficences of the multiple conversions required.

Daft idea... build the nukes, then use the electricity to make synthetic liquid fuel. Anything else is just pissing in the wind.

Reply to
John Rumm

What CO2 and H2O...?

Unlike that coal fired power station running at 35% efficiency into a distribution network with 10% losses that you would rather use.

Reply to
John Rumm

They took his license way as he is too old.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Its probably like the one I have - there is a button to push on the side that makes the little plastic man fly out of the ejector seat ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Dribble does not like numbers, they lay waste to his claims!

Reply to
John Rumm

drivel doesn't understand the word toxic.

Reply to
Tim Streater

less than 2% actually, typically.

Still you cant run a car on coal can you?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sadly your explanation is only good enough for the likes of you who couldn't tell a gearbox from a combi boiler.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But true. As was a BMW diesel - which is a fast car - using less fuel than the Pious over a normal suburban run - quite typical of how many use a car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

CO2 is not toxic and neither are the "carbon particles" or the "numerous unburned hydrocarbons".

You should really learn what the word "toxic" means. Cyanide, f'rinstance *is* toxic.

Reply to
Tim Streater

[snip harry's evasion]

So we'll take that as a "No", then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well, if you bought an underground tank of petrol and forget the purchase price, that would provide free fuel too. Until it ran out. Solar panels failing with time, exactly the same.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)