More info needed on the F1 and F3 error on jaguar boiler

I have a Jaguar boiler and it keeps displaying F1 error (no flame detected) This 1st happened about 6 months ago and after reading info from another group I took off the heat shield and pressed the reset button and this worked fine, since I have had the heating off over summer I turned it back on and I got the same F1 error. I have again pressed the reset button but now the boiler continuously registers an F1 error.

Also the boiler made a loud noise and the water pressure was showing as

0 with a F3 error on the display, I filled the boiler back up to 1.7 bars and then the original problem of the f1 error keeps appearing! I have noticed since filling the boiler back up it is showing that the pressure is going up to about 3.4 bars than the boiler is cutting out. (I think I may have overfilled it and this is what causes it to keep cutting out) If this is the case how would I go about draining the boiler? Also is there a possibility that an airlock has occurred? (The boiler is at the highest plumbed point), and again how exactly would I resolve this? Please can you put your answers in Lehman's terms cos I have no idea about boilers!

Many thanks for you time and knowledge in advance

Reply to
stickyiky