More CH draining

Hi

Second question of the day.

Need to drain down CH. Attched hose to drain c*ck next to boiler, and opened valve. Instead of water exiting neatly via hose, it ALL comes out around the valve spindle.

Any ideas - am I doing somthing really stupid?

Thanks

Reply to
Tony Collins

No. You have the light version of a drain c*ck with no seal around the spindle.

To drain it, you can either arrange a shorter length of hose or a wider bore one so that all the water gets siphoned away.

Another approach is to use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck the excess water away as you go.

If this peeves you, you can change the drain c*ck for one with an O-ring. Then the water will go down the hose. Unfortunately, some installers are cheapskates over the few extra pence for a proper drain c*ck.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No - it's just a stupid design. But if you open it further, the majority should come out the spout.

When it's drained down, change it for one with a spindle seal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the help

As it turned out - I wasn't unscrewing it far enough. When I did, the body of the valve came and blockd (most of) the incorrect exit, and the water went down the pipe, except for a small ammount, easliy managed with a towel.

Thanks again

Reply to
Tony Collins