Monoblock washbasin taps

Long story but I am now refurbishing a cloakroom as well as a bathroom earlier than expected because it was 50% of the cost to take our new shower bath as part of an on offer set including washbasin and wc than singularly! The cloakroom is upstairs in a chalet bungalow and the washbasin is too high in relation to the water tank to take it's hotwater supply from the gas central heating system hot water supply . We have therefore always used a small over basin point of supply electric heater supplied from the rising main. As part of the refurbishment I should like to improve on this by fitting a Heatrae Sadia Streamline electric heater below the washbasin. This implies using a Heatrae Sadia vented tap. The washbasin is yet to be delivered by Homebase but is a pedestal ceramic single tap design. I note from the Homebase catalogue that the tap hole is nominally 35mm. The Heatrae Sadia monoblock vented tap (streamline 1000) which would otherwise be suitable requires a 37 - 39 mm hole according to the Heatrae Sadia website. Obviously I don't want to order the waterheater and tap if the problem is a real one but it occurs to me that Heatrae Sadia would not produce taps that didn't fit standard basin sizes and the 35mm is nominal only?

Can anyone advise?

Peter

Reply to
peter

There are unvented undersink water heaters that, subject to design and installation criteria, accommodate the heated water expansion back up the mains, in some cases with a combination of a pressure reducing kit and a pressure relief valve. This allows using an ordinary tap.

See e.g. Dimplex SU and SUTP range - 7/10/15 litre for 1, 2 and 3 basins respectively.

The vented taps are a pain because they always dribble to accommodate the expansion, so people try and turn them off harder.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Some heaters of this type no longer need vented taps as long as you have a certain length of pipe feeding them or fit an expansion vessel.

Reply to
Tony Bryer