Monoblock Tap Tails

Silly question prehaps, but how does one connect one of these to the water supply

it just connect via a compression joint like this:

DrLargePants

picture indicates it has a 15mm compression end already, no need for anything else.

Personally I'd look for one with a 1/2" male end so it will mate directly onto a 15mm - tap connector isolating valve or one with builtin isolator.

Having said that it can be a bit of PITA having isolators on every outlet. I think I'll go for full bore valves on the supplies into an area in the future.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

then the other end is a compression fitting that includes an olive and just fits to the end of a 15mm pipe like any other compression fitting.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

on the actual ones I have supplied with the tap, there is an adapter to take it up to 15mill, inside this there is a rubber washer (no olive). I can fit it on to a 15 mm compression joint, and then on to a pipe, but will it not then leak on the non olive end?

DrLargePants

It might be OK, but something like this

will give you a 1/2" male end to connect your fitting to (I'm assuming you have a 1/2" female end, with a rubber seal inside). There are chrome versions and variations in the size of the flange (which, of course, you don't care about).

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

thiswww.screwfix.com/p/male-coupler-15mm-x/69358will give you a 1/2" male

Ahh, that looks like the right thing, I presume the other end is a compression fitting then ?

Reply to
DrLargePants

thiswww.screwfix.com/p/male-coupler-15mm-x/69358will give you a 1/2" male

Yes. You could fit an isolating valve then a short length of pipe to a male coupler which the tails connect to. If you don't want an isolator you could just buy some new tails that have an in-built compression fitting.

Reply to
NoSpam

like thiswww.screwfix.com/p/male-coupler-15mm-x/69358willgive you a 1/2" ma= le

Thanks for the help :)

Reply to
DrLargePants

They are becoming more & more common, no doubt some Johny Foreigner idea.

They will fit an isolating valve of a compression fitting OK.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Does it just connect via a compression joint like this:

Just put one of these on the water supply by whatever method and your flexible pipe should just screw straight on with the added bonus of being able to work on it whenever.

F Murtz

thiswww.screwfix.com/p/male-coupler-15mm-x/69358will give you a 1/2" male

These worked perfectly, thanks Dave

DrLargePants