Monoblock flexible tap connector problems

I got a couple of mixer taps and they came with flexible hoses with what appeared to be female 1/2 inch BSP ends.

So I got some 15mm compression to male 1/2 inch fittings, tightened the lot up and there was water spraying everywhere, from where the pipe emerges from the hole in the nut.

I couldn't tighten them enough so that where the pipe emerges from the nut there was no play, am I missing the point?

I'll bin them tomorrow and get some pushfit, i'm mainly pissed off because I couldn't get straight 15mm compression to 1/2 BSP fittings (7.30pm and B&Q had none) so had to get elbows and for 4 it was just shy of £20.

Reply to
R D S

It's leaking from where the pipe comes out of the nut, it is impossible (I tightened it until I tore the thread out) to get it tight enough so that there is no play on the pipe.

Reply to
R D S

Like a tap connector? Like the left hand end of this?

Use either a 15 mm straight compression coupling or a 15mm service valve.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

(I assume there's a link missing)

Yes, like a tap connector on one end and a screw in monoblock connector at the other. I was pissing about with it at 10pm last night so when it went off like a water feature I capped it off and had a drink. I've looked again today and of the four, two are fine, but the other two don't screw up enough to fully tighten so I can only conclude that there is something wrong with the thread.

I got these,

are fine, but much shorter and have turned my tidy plumbing into a pig.

Reply to
R D S

MI Elbows usually have flanges, and only a short thread - and are intended to seal on the flange. If that's what you had, the flange would stop the threaded part going far enough into the fitting to seal on the rubber washer.

Most 15mm compression couplers have 1/2"BSP threads - so just use one of those, and throw away the nut and olive from the end which connects to the hose.

Reply to
Roger Mills

There's been 3 threads about this over the last week or so. Answer is to us= e a compression fitting with olive and nut removed, and the slightly tapere= d end is not sharp enough to cut the rubber. Most of these taps originate f= rom the EU, italy, etc. I wonder what the manufacturer's intended mating fi= tting was ? Something for the wiki ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson