Monobloc taps

I've just fitted a new basin with a monobloc tap and the water flow rate is very poor. The previous sink with standard separate taps connected to the same supplies worked fine. I notice that he tap tail pipes are only 10mm and the entry into the tap is 8mm diameter. Are all monobloc taps like this? It seems to me no wonder that the flow is poor when the input 15mm pipes get squashed down to 8mm. My feed is gravity with maybe 6 feet of head.
So, are there different monoblocs which give a better flow, or have I just made a bad choice?
Roger

If there is no way of making the supply tails any wider diameter, then it's just bad choice. With only a low head of water it isn't really enough to give the pressure needed to push water through such narrow pipework, and no gain would be made at all in even taking larger diameter pipe closer to the tap either. Is there any way you can fit a dual flow pump to the supply pipes ?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 564
or
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TTT550.html
If fitted with a demand switch, this would raise the pressure to all your taps if fitted on the outlets of your hot and cold storage tanks.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

Is this true? Speaking as an ex-physicist rather than as a plumber, if I (say) halve the length of the low-diameter pipe, I've halved the friction caused by the reduction in bore, so the flow rate should be half-way between what it was and what it is now. Assuming that the reduction in flow is caused by the small-bore pipe, of course.
--
Mike Barnes

Hi Mike,
Not going in to the full physics of it, but it wouldn't make the huge difference in flow from the taps that Roger is after, mainly due to the inlet ports on the base of the monobloc tap body being that much smaller than the bore of the pipe. So in this case, even taking the larger diameter pipe right up to the inlet ports, it would still causes a big enough restriction to reduce the flow rate from the tap.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

I see - you had me confused by referring to that inlet port as "pipework".
--
Mike Barnes

Pumps when there is no need to! There are high pressure and low pressure taps. This is obviously a high pressure tap set on a low pressure system. Get the right taps for the right job.

You could try www.plumbworld.com.I bought online afer 2pm and recieved next day. Also will give standard details of dimensions.