Monobloc tap problem

I have a monobloc kitchen tap to which I have fitted a pair if lever head tap revivers. The problem I have is that the hot tap starts dripping. Looking closely at it, it appears that the water pressure (it is a pressured system) is providing sufficient force to turn the tap enough to start it dripping.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to cure this? I have an in- line valve for each tap and I have wondered about using this to reduc the pressure but I worry about the water wearing the valve. I know someone who did this to their stop c*ck so that they then couldn't turn off the water.

Thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I used an inline valve to control flow to a toilet cistern. Seems to have worked well enough for a few years

Reply to
Stuart Noble

An in-line isolation valve will not reduce the static pressure. Test theory by putting thumb over tap and opening it only a little - eventually water will escape.

Reply to
John

Well, put it this way, it stopped that thud in the cistern when the valve closed.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

...yes - by slowing the flow. This would allow the valve to close more slowly. The pressure would be the same - once the flow had stopped.

The head of water is the same. (Water tower somewhere - or pumps)

Reply to
John

Sounds as if the tap revivers are compression types with a coarse, helter-skelter-type thread to acheive a transition from closed to open in a quarter turn. These can get pushed open by water pressure: I had it happen on a pair of lever-type basin taps when I converted from gravity to mains pressure. I'd try ceramic-disk-type inserts instead.

Reply to
YAPH

I've come across exactly the same problem twice. In both cases I fitted a service valve & turned it down a little.

Despite being told by several here that it wouldn't work because they don't reduce the static pressure - it does work and has done in both instances for over a year.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for all your comments. I think i have fixed it by tightening the gland nut.

jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan