"Moms Insisting on Licensed Tools"

From a thread in uk.rec.models.engineering - scary stuff... :-) http://www.allmax.com/MILT /
Geo
Geo wrote:

Hahaha, makes for a good laugh reading that. Seems even god is against DIYers.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /
James Hart wrote:

You did realize that the site is a pro-gun satire?
I like the last paragraph; "Oh, and by the way, the M.I.L.T. store is real -- and Bob Frenchu makes a buck from each item you buy -- and he's going to use those bucks to buy ammo."
:-)
Lee
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:43:35 +0100, Lee Blaver wrote:

I didn't think Americans sense of humour was that well developed.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Especially gun related.
--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Yeah - most amusing. I wonder how many drive by drillings there are? And how many convenience stores have been held up with them? "This hammer drill is cordless and fully charged - hand over your money!"
There is a subtle difference between power tools and a gun which can kill at long range from concealment.
Or am I (as usual) missing the point and this is a spoof by the anti-gun not the pro-gun lobby?
Then again an SDS drill might just make it into the WMD category.
Cheers Dave R

At least you could find these :-))
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote:

IIRC the point was comparing one tool with another, a gun is a tool, what use that tool is put to is another question altogether, the site is primaily about access to a tool for self defence, the "hand-gun" as such is seen here as the biggest problem, in the states its often seen as one *potential* answer. As technology cannot be un-invented, guns cannot be effectively removed from the world, no matter what the UN and the like may say. Killing at long range requires skills that are learn't, thats not what this site is about. Rural living has its problems, living in rural areas of the states you may not be miles from help, but 10's or 100's of miles, self reliance and having the tools for self defence my seem to us in the UK either a joke or something to be stopped, but then we live in B liars hand-gun-free country....
Niel.