moles

And the little banjos they play at night. Drive you mad after a while.

Can't you still get "mole exploders" in France?

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Well, yes, but it gives an idea of where to dig :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's an easy solution - get rid of the lawn.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You sure can, though I've not tried them a bit too expensive. Little sticks of what looks like dynamite and an electronic detonator. Land mines for moles! Boom!

Reply to
David in Normandy

Might be worth a look:

Sacha

Richard Perkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Followup to my own post with some info on molish habits:

I'm sure I've seen the details in that article in some more official publication, but it does offer some clues as to how to deal with the beasts...

Kind regards

Reply to
Richard Perkin

Bet they do wonders for the lawn :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmmm, that's what one of my neighbours did - covered the whole garden in concrete. :(

But seriously, grass (ours is hardly a cultivated lawn) is nice to sit on and provides space. No?

Reply to
Si

Reminds me of a gent in the 1970's, we were househunting and he was sat with a 12 bore over his strawberries, I have wondered ever since whether there was ever any fruit to pick! But I think on balence I would rather put up with the moles than explosions and craters :~)

Reply to
Charlie Pridham

Me too.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, our back garden is given over to veg plots, greenhouse and chickens. When we sit in the garden (mostly for meals) it's on the roof of the air raid shelter, which has table and chairs on it.

Perhaps you don't have an air-raid shelter ...

The front garden is given over the the caravan :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Catch it in a deadfall trap, have it stuffed and send it to a school in the Sudan.

They could call it Molehammered.

Reply to
LSR

For that joke you are sentenced to 6 months in jail, 40 lashes and a heavy fine.

David in Normandy

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm not laughing. It's black humour. If the lady in question had been seen alone in the company of the teddy she would probably be facing the death penalty. I'll stop there (Islam winds me up). Grrr! :-(

Reply to
David in Normandy

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Happily there wasn't much call for them in the 50's.

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to this intense course in human-mole relations. I've taken your advice and chosen not to waste cash on sonic spikes. So far, taking the cheapest route, I've used the excess of soiled clay-based cat litter our cat provides to pour into and on top of the hills. So far, after 2 days, no further hills have appeared but that's probably too soon to tell if it'll be effective.

Reply to
Si

OPne last bit of advice.

If you're really breaking nether limbs because of the activities of these little gentlemen in velvet weskits I suggest that you put some flags over your lawn to step on.

Seriously.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We did that, laid a row of flags across the top lawn to the washing line. All neatly set into a bed of sand so they were level with the lawn so the lawn mower could go straight over them. A few days later the furry little blighters had gone under and along the edge of the flags destabilising them so they rocked under foot leaving hills along the edge of the new path :-(

The only solution would be to dig a deep trench and pre- fill it with hardcore and concrete first before laying the flags.

Reply to
David in Normandy

Try these techniques it might amuse the neighbours!

further Google might bring up the original? :)

Reply to
clot

Or try this:

in video:

'll have to see just how smooth the lawn is afterwards, though.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer