MOE window in slate roof

Hi All

My sister wants me to fit a MOE window into the slate roof of her two story garage. It's not going to be a habitable room, it's just safer having an MOE window instead of standard.

She's bought one from Wickes along with a 'slate flashing kit'.

Window is straightforward enough to fit, but having looked at the flashing kit I'm a little confused.

The kit consists of a top and a bottom sheet metal component (very thin & pliable) which fit the top & bottom of the frame, going under a rubber seal. There are side pieces as well.

The top component is confusing me. The part that will slide under the slates has a 'lip' bent into the top edge about 6mm high, facing up. This will mean (a) that it won't slide under the slates easily and (b) it will lift them by 6mm or so.

Is this meant to cause a 'drip edge' or something? My instinct based on previous experience is to hammer it flat, but it's obviously there for a purpose. I'm sure I have identified the top & bottom components correctly, they are so different it would be impossible to confuse them.

The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

? contact the manufacturer's customer service department.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

I did try but "The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot" and claimed they didn't have the details............. not in the instructions either.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Not heard of Moe except in conjunction with Velux. I'd have a good look at the packaging and see it there's any other maker's names.

Reply to
Guy King