Modular face plates for back boxes

I'm finally getting round to sorting out the wiring.

I need various connectors, some times one type per faceplate and sometimes mixed. Some in a single box, some in a double box.

I need:

binding post/banana plug, 2 per plate

Ethernet RJ45, one per plate

F connector female - 1 and 2 per plate

So I am looking for a reliable supplier/manufacturer, hopefully the same one for all the parts.

So far Google has turned up Cablefinder which seem to only supply through Amazon (or not be good at search engine optimisation).

A quick search of CPC didn't seem to turn up the things I was looking for but I may not be using the correct search terms.

So recommendations welcome.

Thanks

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

No especially cheap though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Hi Dave,

TLC direct do a good range. I used them about two years ago when I sorted the house out before our daughter was born. I'm going to use them again when I put electrics into the loft.

Here is the link you need to all the modules and face plates.

Hope this helps.

Take care, Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

I did mine before they were more widely available, and probably did it cheaper too, and of course, exactly matching my requirements. I used blank faceplates and mounted binding posts, F-type and Belling-Lee aerial connectors. For RJ45, I used standard RJ45 plates.

I think this is the section on CPC's website for ready-made plates:

Andrew Gabriel

CPC certainly do supply such things.

The big snag is the plates they use are very unlikely to be an exact match to your sockets, etc. This, of course, may not matter to you.

If it does, you may end up having to make your own starting with a blank plate from the same maker as your accessories. It also allows you to create exactly what you want.

An expensive but fairly easy way is to use XLR style RJ45 etc connectors - as only a round hole needs to be punched in the plate. (there are XLR style chassis mount connectors with a variety of actual outlets - HDMI, RJ45, phono, and so on)

The same cutout will also accept Speakon and PowerCon connectors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Looks good, thanks.

Prices are not too eye watering - and they do brushed satin finish which is a plus as we are thinking of upgrading from white plastic for all the power sockets.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I'm sure I was looking at them for some brushstrips and thought "not at that price" but looking again they're not that bad ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

or

dunno if it has everthing you want. But the blanking plates can be drilled for "odd" components.

Good luck

Reply to
ARW