modernizing bathroom

Just about to modernize the bathroom, currently a 1965'ish style.

I assume the pipework will be imperial sizes so I need to know whats the easiest way to adapt this to the new metric gear I will be getting, I'll certainly like to put isolating valves in the circuit so is there a conversion kit that includes the valve..

Also, the missus insists that I lay tiles on the floor, Its a suspended wooden floor, what advice , tips etc can I get to help with this task .

Many thanks

.. Tony

Reply to
Tony

Standard compression fittings will normally do the trick. For 22mm you can get some thicker olives to use in the fittings that make a better seal - although I found the normal ones will usually do the trick. You can also get capilary adaptor fittings. Once you have converted the sizes once you can carry on in metric.

Get all the floor boards level and make sure there are no nail heads sticking up etc. Screw WBP ply[1] down all over it - keep the screws close together (in a 6 - 8" grid say) to eliminate any flex or bounce in the floor. Finally use the correct adhesive designed for this type of floor (it reatains a little flexibility).

[1] Assuming you have approx 19mm floorboards then 12mm ply is good - but often too thick, 9mm makes a good compromise, and only use 6mm if you really can't affort the height. The other option in the floorboards are in a bad state is to lift them all and use a couple of layers of 3/4" ply (or one 3/4" and a 1/2")
Reply to
John Rumm

For 1/2" to 15mm just use end feed solder couplings - for 3/4" to

22mm use a special coupling to do the job.

Do something else, unless you're talking about cork tiles. There are lots of pleasant alternatives.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Vinyl now-a-days looks pretty good

Reply to