modern double glazing and heat/radiation

Whilst I understand that old-style single or double glazing may be direction of heat-transfer neutral - what about the newer glasses now compulsory in double glazing? Does this in any way act in a one-way manner so as to exacerbate the heating effects of a lot of sun as compared with older glazing?
Simon Gardner wrote:

I think not. The idea is to keep heat in in winter and out in summer.
Its not made, and cannot I think BE made, directional.

I'm sure with the right coatings it can be made directional. I'm reassured to know it isn't.
Simon Gardner wrote:

Not to conduction it can't. radiation may be a different matter tho.
However heat loss is mostly conduction/convetion. Heat gain may be radiation.

Simon Gardner wrote:

I don't think there is anything directional about the glass, but you may get some directionality if the sun is shining in through the window as a result of the "greenhouse effect".
--
Cheers,

John.