Moderated Group?

I agree - we're far from the threshold where moderation is needed, thanks to the robust action of established members to any threat.

Reply to
Steve Walker

"My groups...", and that is were the problem starts, this is not anyone's group, so it can't get into silly "I don't like that sort of opinion" sorts of censorship.

QED.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Thank you. Your shenanigans would be curtailed Lord Hall.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Do you mean they are static?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We try to inore Lord Hall, but then you emerge as Matt.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't see the replies - I filter bodies too.

Reply to
Rob Morley

But it would stop lunatics like yourself, Matt/Lord Hall, Plowman, etc.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is a great idea. I advise all to do that to Matt/Lord Hal, Plowman, Jerry, etc. Don't encourage them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On or around Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:51:36 +0100, Rob Morley mused:

I really should use a newsreader with better filtering, this one is crap. I haven't worked out how to alter\remove filters yet.

Reply to
Lurch

No, you can have moderated newsgroups. There is no reason why not; the mechanism exists, and is used.

(it's 'moderated', Dave; I'm sure you knew that but you were obviously thinking about work!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, several times.

You lead an un-naturally sheltered life.

Several, but most not repeatable. If I ever feel I want to live on the intellectual equivalent of boiled potatoes and thin gruel with, as an occasional treat, a Macdeathburger, I shall think about it again.

Reply to
Peter Parry

when a

sort of

...and not forgetting yourself Drivel....

You really are a cretin, you just couldn't work out that my comment was defending your right to post just as much anyone else's!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Flame wars? We don't get flame wars, just a bit of silly name calling. But it's worth putting up with it just for the entertainment of seeing IMM/Dr D digging himself a pit to fall into. I hate to admit it, but, TBH, this place would be duller without him.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

I've been away a while. Is Dr D. the new name for Adam/IMM then?

IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes

Couldn't you tell?

He hasn't done a land value tax looney story lately, although we are up to needing over 400mm insulation these days.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't really see a problem with what this group is - sure, it would be nice if the one or two habitual protagonaists v. Dr. Drivel ceased their vainglorious (and mutual) willy-waving, and if vacuous endities such as Fischer shuffled off permenantly - I hardy have a killfile, you see, since it only "cures the symptoms" - the idea of a moderated group has a few issues that I'm not particularly keen on.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Dr Evil was one of his aliases and his pals in here started to refer to him as Dr Drivel, so he uses that now.

Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

They do, but I find that no great shakes.

No it doesn't (except for the odd bit of admin to my account really)

Not at all, I read mine via email, and view them much like newsgroups (threading, automatic expire etc.), but then that's because I using a rather superior email program :-)

Reply to
chris French

If that's the issue, the best way is simply not to indulge the miscreant at all. Some hopes.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The best way would be to ignore it, instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Anyway:- How *dare* you?

Reply to
Chris Bacon