Mobile Phones - Battery Life

But are those times correct? I don't believe any of those will out last a Nokia 6310i

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

6210 isn't a 6310i Although they look similar 6310i has a better battery and lower power consumption

Accept no substitutes; the Nokia 6310i is the one to choose

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Sounds like your clock backup battery needs changing

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

That is a good question - which is why I asked. I was hoping a few owners might chime in with how long theirs lasts between charges. Only interested in models that survive a week or more without any trouble. (and preferably two weeks)

Reply to
Martin Brown

You can make a 6310i last a month if you buy an optional 3000mAh li-ion battery

Only it's a bit bulky being the same size as the original 900mAh Ni-Mh battery used on the 1997 Nokia 5110.

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

I didn't say that it was.

However, I did say that I wouldn't want to go back to it now.

Reply to
Java Jive

However, lack of response, due to infrastructure overload, might well have been even more worrying.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , at 12:22:38 on Mon, 22 Apr 2013, Chris J Dixon remarked:

It wasn't overloaded, they switched it off - so no more bombs could be triggered.

Although I don't think we know the full story because if there's been no mobile coverage in Boston [about the size on Birmingham, UK] for the best part of a week, the collateral [commercial] damage would be enormous. And seems to be unreported.

Reply to
Roland Perry

It's possible to make a small lens which will take good pictures "in favourable daylight conditions" of "still subjects".

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

AFAIK that's a myth. For example see

Mark

In message , at 14:31:27 on Mon, 22 Apr 2013, Mark remarked:

That article only speculates that it was overload.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I interpreted Peter's claims to be more general:

"the Nokia 808 ... totally outclasses any camera you can stick in your pocket, and I mean including the £400 ones".

This is the part that I really have trouble with.

Reply to
Mark

I think it's more than speculation. It's quite common for mobile communications to fail during major disasters. In addition there are reports that some text messages were getting through which wouldn't if the networks were switched off completely.

And the emergency services are likely to want to use the networks too.

Reply to
Mark

I used to have a 6310i last 1 week, 24hrs/day.

"Steve Terry" wrote

Reply to
Peter

Mark wrote

See e.g.

Peter

Hmmm yes I see your point.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

What kind of measurement is "1/1.2in"? One one-point-twoth?

Reply to
alexd

YOu must write to Zeiss and tell them, immediately.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Received an email the following morning saying that several friends/acquaintances had been in Boston but finished early so avoided trouble, and that she was still in Canada (as I had thought likely).

I did however make an exception and leave my mobile turned on for a while, so was just a little worried until the email arrived.

Reply to
Windmill

The circumference of the circle that would have been the size of the glass CRT tube in a 1950's electron beam TV set - I am not kidding. See:

1/1.2" CCD corresponds to roughly a 13mm diagonal depending also on the aspect ratio of the actual sensor. I am amazed they can fit it in the camera, illuminate it uniformly and still get enough signal to noise.
Reply to
Martin Brown