mobile phone question

Can some kind person tell me if, when calling a mobile phone in the UK from outside the UK, (From ES in fact), the leading zero is NOT needed

- as is the case with a land line.

Eg Nos given for calling the UK landline from abroad are given as: +44 (0)123 456789 Same thing when calling a UK mobile?

Thanks

Reply to
dave

Yes.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yup.

Reply to
dom

Thanks + Thanks

Reply to
dave

dave formulated on Wednesday :

Yes, the leading zero is always missed out on both calls to LL and mobile numbers.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Normally each country has an nationally recognised 'international dial code'

This was standardised as the 'plus' sign, if the phone or network supports it. All mobiles do, so the '+' is indicative of 'go international'

So the UK code is +44

On older land based phones the plus would be replaced by whatever the local 'international' code is..IIRC in France its something weird like

19.. most other places its 0, 00 or 010
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When I call the UK from the US using a landline, I use 011. With my mobile, the + works.

Reply to
S Viemeister

For the UK, that is true.

For calls to other countries it may not be. There are still a few cases around where the 0 in front of the city code does have to included after the country code when you call in to the country

Reply to
Andy Hall

Italy requires the 0.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yep. I forgot that. I do know the first time I tried to make a call in france I was utterly stumped.

It was a completely non intuitive call code.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher