Moben Kitchens - OK or avoid?

Hi

Just wanted to find out if anyone has anything good to say about Moben Kitchens or if I'll get flooded with "Dont Do It!".

They have a half price sale on so it looks tempting.

Thanks for any info.

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

Don't Do It.

I wouldn't warm my hands over the flames of one of their showrooms, much less buy anything from them.

(When we were young and foolish, we bought a kitchen from them. Never again. Oh, and they're Dolphin bathrooms, too.)

Reply to
Huge

What he said, and don't be taken in by "half price offer" stories. They are completely meaningless because the margin on this stuff is enormous in the first place.

I was recently accosted by a woman selling double glazing in the entrance to one of the DIY stores (I'd think of money lenders and sinners outside the temple and what happened to them, except that the temple is just as bad). Her greeting line included the immortal phrase "50% off", so I asked her "50% off of what?". This went completely over her head, as did the ensuing short conversation where she seemed completely focussed on how good what she had was because it was.... "50% off". Clearly the elevator wasn't going to the top floor here so I asked he whether she could do hardwood frames. She went and asked the inevitable gold encrusted specimen who was her cohort and said that they didn't. Wouldn't I like PVC though? "They're 50% off".

She reminded me of the woman in the cafe in the immortal "Balham - Gateway to the South"........ :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Worse than that: don't even think about it. Which Magazine reported on them earlier this year and the general conclusion was vastly overpriced and very poor design layouts.

Look at the Moben website

and see if you can find the name of the actual legal entity trading as Moben - I can't. Go to the Companies House website free checking service
and you'll find that Moben Kitchens Limited is 'non trading'. So who are they?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Hi

Thanks to all of you for replying.

Guess I'll steer clear then!

Amazing that so far I havent heard one word of good about them. But maybe their satisfied customers have no need to hang around in this NG?!

I did some searching and discovered that Moben is part of Limelight Group Plc.

Happy New Thang!

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

Is this any good:

're part of the Homeform Group, "The name behind some of the UK's leading home improvement brands," they say. Who? These:

part of the same group are Sharps Bedrooms, Dolphin Bathrooms, and Sharps Homeoffice. Oh, and Kitchens Direct.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul Boakes

They may be part of a group, but who is your contract actually with? Homeform Group has only been trading since 2000. Homeform Kitchens Limited is another dormant company. It's a favourite ruse of these home improvement companies to be forming and liquidating companies.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Which explains why none of them know that January in "january sale" requires a capital letter.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)