MK Echo protocol hacking

Been looking at the MK Echo wireless range which seems very interesting, although a bit pricey.

It got me thinking about what protocol they use and whether it is encrypted.

Playing around with the idea of getting a few switches and receivers and setting up an installation. I would monitor the "network" using something like this

to a serial port on a computer. If the protocol is not too complicated I should stand a chance of reverse engineering it and writing a PC app to control the stuff in my house.

Also, has anyone actualy used MK Echo and was it any good?

Reply to
Rob

The protocol is called EnOcean (see wikipedia page). I don't know what sort of interfaces are available for it, as I haven't played with it myself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Communications are based on 802.15 ZigBee radio, from Jennic (part of NXP - formerly Philips)

White paper on the technology:

dom

did wonder if it was zigbee. Hmm, that opens up he possibilities.

Reply to
Rob