Mixing valves for UFH

Page 2 of 2

up
floor
putting
/or
As you having a new floor then go for it, but make sure you have more insulation under the floor than what the floorer will install. This will have a two way benefit of less heat loss for the pipes, and less to the ground beneath overall.
You might want to keep the existing rad in place until you are satisfied the UFH work OK, the remove it. Pressurise the pex pipe before the screed is laid. This can be with mains water as a temp measure until you have it connected to the mains system.
wrote> > As you having a new floor then go for it,

Put as much insulation as you can, I think you are doing that. What you should do is make a "tray" of insulation, as this will prevent heat escaping to the ground and walls via the sides of the concrete floor. Rise up the walls with insulation and screed to the top level of the side insulation, then the floor finish can be laid over. So when the screed is laid you will see insulation at the same level all around the edges. Easy to do.

Should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, may get drain test bungs hired at the same time as that. I've two jobs that can be done together. More good news, got a Wilo 50 pump today 17.50inc vat because the box was torn - go figure. Still unconvinced on how fancy a mixing valve to get.
Toby.
wrote

will
150mm
for
Never go more than what the makers say.
IMM wrote:

Trusting fool. *I* wanted to make sure those silly O-ring things were OK, so I whacked em up hard. I did drop teh pressure to about 6 bar for screeding tho.

IMM wrote:

Fuck off, Noddy..

BES have the Danfoss valves and heads and I think another version. Do a search on Danfoss. UFH blending valves are faster acting.
http://www.bes.ltd.uk /

Typically a UFH system does not go above 50C. It can be designed to operate at much lower temps than that.

BES do these:
Technical Specification: Temperature adjustment range : 30 - 50 C. Temperature control : +/- 2 C. Max. hot inlet temp.: 85 C. Operating pressure range : Low 0.2 - 1 bar, high 1 - 5 bar. Max. working pressure : 10 bar (static). Min. working pressure : 0.2 bar (dynamic).
Part No.DescriptionUnit PriceQty 12162 15 mm 50.99 12163 22 mm 52.53
They look like the Screwfix ones (which are cheaper for the 15mm) but I haven't bought the BES one so can't be sure.
cheers

I'm just wondering how many types of underfloor heating there are on the market now'a'days. It seems to be increasingly popular with the people joining in this group, so someone should start compiling a site dedicated to it. Or have I missed any sites that are now doing this ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

UFH amounts to only a few %age points of the overall systems installed in the UK. People only install it to eliminate rads. No other reason.