mixing plumbing fittings??

Bollocks as usual. If you are simply disconnecting then reconnecting the same fitting there is no need to replace the olive - indeed you're likely to cause more problems by doing so if everyone is as cack handed as you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Really? For one who claims to know so much about the subject, you've obviously not handled many compression fittings...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sad isn't it. He put high pressure taps on a low pressure system and wondered why only a trickle came out. This happens when you get to his age and a hot day doesn't help either. No cocoa tonight for him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No, O'Reilly. I hope they have been giving him enough liquids today.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He also cut the tails on his high pressure taps. Yes, he cut them. Let's hope he never plays with gas. My God!!! The thought!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah, but no leaks. Now remind us about the hacksaw and plastic pipe incident...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd say you've taken rather too much already.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Low pressure. You said that yourself...

And no leaks for me - even although you think it impossible to cut brass square and file it smooth.

Of course after the hacksaw and plastic pipe incident, no surprise there...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm glad I registered. Reading past topics - very entertaining!

Nice cool start to the day... time for some plumbing...gulp.

Reply to
Olly D

...and no water out the taps either.

Sad isn't it. Very sad indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He is saying thing now. Total babble and drivel and frothing, but you have to admire the attempt. Sad isn't it. Very sad indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..it was after you finished with it. Sad isn't it. Very sad indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Follow Richards advice and you will be very cool indeed. The place will be a like a water fountain.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Haven't you heard of pumping low pressure so you can have the choice of these fancy monoblock taps? Thought you claimed to know about everything plumbing. So at least you've learnt something new. Not that you'll remember it, though, because I've told you this before.

It is indeed. Pumps have been around for a very long time. Thought everyone knew about them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sad isn't it. Complete and utter incoherent babble compounded by porkie pies. This hot weather does affect them you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Too true.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is encouraging. They must be teaching him self awareness lessons.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel