Mixer Bath Taps - too cold!

I have recently installed a set of second-hand mixer bath taps.

Facing the taps, to the left is a circular on/off control, to the right is a circular hot/cold control and in the middle is a pull-up plunger to divert to the shower head.

My problem is that whilst I know my hot water is very hot, this tap is always mixing some cold in, even when on fully hot, so my wife is complaining her baths are cold.

I've not inspected the tap closely yet, but it looks as if the hot/cold end will fully unscrew. Is there likely to be any adjustment to reduce the amount of cold mixing in, could it be designed like that for safety (I know that in some installations they have to limit the maximum temperature) or is it just FUBAR'd?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

circular hot/cold control and in the middle is a

mixing some cold in, even when on fully hot, so my

will fully unscrew. Is there likely to be any

that for safety (I know that in some installations

On many thermostatic mixer tap designs there is a button you have to press to go beyond the "hand hot" setting.

Reply to
Graham.

Do you have mains pressure cold water and low pressure hot water fed to the mixer? Is it specced to cope with that?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nope! Gravity fed cold water and hot water.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter