Mix to bed WC to tiled floor?

A few years ago I installed a WC on a ceramic tiled floor, and bedded it in a sharp sand & cement mix of about 1:1. Since then it has cracked out twice, so each time I have weakened the mix. It's just done it again, so I guess I still used too strong a mix last time.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Nigel M

Try a flexible tile cement instead.

Reply to
BitsNBobs

I can't understand why people still do this, surely this is the way they did before the 1960s? The 5 bogs I've fitted over the years all had holes to screw them to the floor. Some even came with stainless steel double ended screw/bolts to make the job easier..

Reply to
BillV

And mine is happily working with the one screw I managed to drill, and a bed of silicone sealant underneath. Purrfect.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher