Mix for S&C render please?

I've been using a mix somewhere between 4:1:1 and 5:1:1 soft sand:cement:lime for my pointing and block laying recently.

Is this about right for rendering? I only have a small area to do where I have removed a window, about half inch thick.

TIA. Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

Get a couple of small bags of washed sharp sand, & use 1:1:6. Don't use soft sand.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Thanks for that.

Cna you tell me why soft is no good and I should use sharp?

Cheers Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

It contains fines, and can shrink and crack when it goes off.

Reply to
Chris Bacon