Mitre Stop Available Anywhere .

Having five doors to cut and mitre mouldings for in various lengths-16 pieces per door - I wondered if anyone manufactured an adjustable stop device to avoid the need to make up lengths of timber with stop pieces on . The mitre saw has holes in the fence to fix the wood to but a more useful device would be like two pieces of flat metal with one piece sliding against the other ( fixed) piece with a means of tightening them together where required . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

What sort of mitre saw are you using ?

I have a manual Nobex for which I purchased a length stop to allow me to repeatedly cut to the same length.

I also have a pull over mitre saw with a length stop on the back fence.(Bought from Axminster) As this saw is relatively immobile I find it easy to set up stops on adjacent worktop if going really long.. Sometimes all that is needed is a heavy weight.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Thi is the one I have -a Proform 10" from Axminster .

Stuart