Mitre cutting

Hi,

I'm replacing the decorative beading on our front door, and obviously it requires a mitre cut. Is this something I can easily do myself without buying a costly piece of equipment? Does anyone know if B&Q can do this cut for me in their wood cutting desk?

Thanks!

JOE

Reply to
Joe Woods

They usually have just a panel saw and are not known for accuracy.

The most cost effective way is to buy a hand mitre saw

Andy Hall

Yes. Get a tenon saw and a mitre box. Both are cheap from B&Q or local equivalent. I'd favour a saw and box rather than one of those great big adjustable things.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

type Andy recommends - I expect those have much better accuracy though; also they will allow much deeper cuts)

Lobster

I use the same sort of thing that Andy recommends except mine came from Wickes and is the compound mitre saw so there are two angles that you can adjust. It's one of the best tools I ever bought, accurate and cheap. The only slight quibble is the angles are fixed in the horizontal plane so if you want an odd angle you can't do it. That aside I used mine fixed to the work bench to make the frame for the kids model railway and it was brilliant.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Mitre Box? I like it... I like it a lot! I had no idea anything like this existed! I hope I can find this in B&Q! I was planning on using a hacksaw and guessing the angle :)

Reply to
Joe Woods