Mitre box

Hi all. Just for newbies like meself. Having reached the end of my tether trying to cut square with a hand held power saw. And then coming close to putting myself in the workhouse thinkin that a mitre saw was the only alternative, I remembered that I have a mitre box. Now all my cuts are very square. Incidentally, at the same time I am rediscovering my Silverline tri-cut tenon saw and its quite a nice tool to use.

I like the mitre box that I have as its got the vertical and square slot near the end of the box so its easy to clamp pieces into the box for extra accuracy.

Hmm...dunno why but this post seems a bit gay........ Of course using hand tools builds muscle and burns calories. Which is pretty essential I mean friggin essential when your out on the town chasin the laydeeez..({HUCK}..spit) :)))

All of which begs the question, has anyone seen any 'super mitre boxes' out there? I'd like something you fit 6" wide timbers in.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:54:30 -0700, Arthur 51 mused:

?

Make your own.

Reply to
Lurch

By the time you've bought a wider than standard mitre box *and* a decent

12" tenon saw to go with it you're nearing the cost of a reasonable sliding compound mitre power saw. ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tres simple mon ami. Purchase a 12" Rafter Square like this,

ideal for running the edge of a circular saw along, or get technical and go for

the photo he has obviously just sawn through the square!)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman