Mirrored wardrobe doors - where to buy

I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we bought about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going strong, also need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze coloured metal surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can anyone suggest who might have made these?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

We`ve got a couple of B&Q (IIRC) mirrored doors to dispose of (white metal frame) in the Liverpool area if that`s any use - one door has a slight "ding" to the metal frame, but I think it came like that, and isn`t particularly obvious.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Thanks Colin but that's a long way from Hampshire! - although if they had brown/gold/bronze frames I'd be tempted to try and find a solution. Do they have any makers name or mark?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

Try local galss merchants.

They will probably make you mirrors and frames too. Thess can be glued onto a suitable door.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On a small sticker there`s "J HATCH 46 98" and on a larger sticker there`s "DR 1890" (possibly the height ? - no tape measure to hand...)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I think B&Q's current mirrored wardrobe doors are made by Stanley, in Chesterfield/Sheffield, so that's got to be worth a try. IIRC they don't have a web presence, but their contact details have been published in this newsgroup before if you google the archives for it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

That rings a bell with me, if that`s any help :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

thanks everybody, that was spot on! I just rang them (0114-276-4099) BUT they stopped making that model and size about 18 months ago :-( I can't bring myself to throw out 2 perfectly good doors just to buy 3 new ones so I guess I need to buy a 3rd mirror from somewhere and make-up some DIY frames. Has anyone done this successfully?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave