Mirror window film

I have a built in wardrobe with partially glazed doors

I want to turn the glass into a mirror - would reflective window film sold for privacy purposes do the job ?

The existing glazing cannot be removed as it appears bonded to the MDF door which has been machined to create a multipane window effect.

Or any other suggestions of how to create a mirror effect.

Thanks

Robert

royall which net royall at which net

Reply to
look

Well yes, it would certainly make a mirror of sorts - but not of the quality of a 'real' one I wouldn't have thought. If you're just after the effect of a mirror (eg for making the room look bigger etc) it would probably be OK, but if it's for SWMBO to apply her eyeliner, I suspect it wouldn't pass muster.

David

Reply to
Lobster

They're awful. If it's for the lady to look at her image full length it's even worse than applying eyeliner - which you can do with a hand-held mirror.

I remember it well.

Do they still use eye liners?

Mary Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various cosmetics counters while she looks for just the right consistency / colour / make. It is worse than shoe shopping.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>" ...

I don't buy or wear shoes either.

But there again I don't look smart or alluring or businesslike or attractive ... in fact I'm a mess.

I'll stay shoeless.

Not because I don't like them, my feet aren't fat but they're fat too broad to fit any commercially made shoes. Always have been. Those made for old women, like me, fit across the toes but flop about the nkles, I have slim ankles.

This is a DIY issue. Spouse makes my medieval shoes and sandals - which I wer most of the time. when it's really cold I wear sheepskin boots which are wonderful but frightfully expensive. The Celtic Sheepskin Company. And no socks.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Colin Bignell wrote | > Do they still use eye liners? | Most of my Saturdays seem to be spent standing around various | cosmetics counters while she looks for just the right consistency | / colour / make. It is worse than shoe shopping.

Why can't she just get the same as she got last time?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

At present there are cutains behind the door windows - a bedroom makeover requires a change.

Use as a mirror not required, I would have removed glass and replaced with mirror if I could, but I reckon any attempt would result in the thin MDF breaking!

Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the upmarket dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the "husband"

Robert

royall at which net

Reply to
look

You can actually buy mirror on a roll which, provided you take a lot of care applying it, works very well. If it's put on properly, you wouldn't know it wasn't a solid mirror. do a Google for "mirror roll"

Reply to
dotdotdot

She has a talent for liking things that have recently been discontinued.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Why? He shouldn't be there in the first place, he should be enjoying himself on the golf course or at football or in the pub

Reply to
robert

Have a web search for a product called "Vitrail". It's made, or supplied in the UK, by a company called "Pebeo", who also make other paint and tint products for fabrics, glass and all sorts of other things. Their stuff is great and cheap for these types of effects on glass and plastics.

Reply to
BigWallop

Oh, in that case go ahead!

No ... Oxfam doesn't.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Indeed. What's he doing interfering with the wife?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'd rather watch paint dry. Why is it that Dentists, doctors, etc always assume the "blokes" only want to read car mags? Is it because no car mag is worth keeping so they get everyones cast-offs?

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

Robert wrote | >Interesting discussion so far - have you noticed how the | >upmarket dress shops have a chair and motor mags for the | >"husband" | Why? He shouldn't be there in the first place, he should | be enjoying himself on the golf course or at football or | in the pub

And now Chip'n'PIN is coming in, hubby doesn't even have to be there to sign the credit card slip. Keep your PIN secure - "careless talk, costly wives".

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I wish Spouse would have taken responsibility for financial matters of any kind. His motto was: I earn it, you spend it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Anyone who allows their wife to have a credit card deserves all they get. In those homes where the wife is given her weekly housekeeping money, there is none of this retail therapy nonsense.

Reply to
robert

There's none of that in our house either (we don't live in a home). No weekly housekeeping anything.

Everything's done by DD.

Shopping's a no no for both of us, we hate it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote | I wish Spouse would have taken responsibility for financial matters | of any kind. His motto was: I earn it, you spend it.

For most men, that's a complaint not a motto.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

This is excellent Mary I hope you are breeding, we need lots more like you.

Reply to
robert