Mira showers.

Just had my 30 year old Mira shower mixer serviced.

Fixed price at £189 and they fitted £400 worth of parts (at shower doctors prices). The only thing original is the casting and the trim.

I think I can recommend Mira for service.

Reply to
dennis

Mine's probably only 18'ish Y/O, it had to have a new cartridge after about 3 years, which at the time made me worry it'd need one every 3 years, but it's been fine since.

Worth remembering.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bought a new one on the Internet a few years ago and they kept trying to persuade me to pay for a maintenance contract that cost as much as I paid f or the shower.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I've had two in about 25 years - and it's needing replacing again.

The rest of it is a bit tatty - might be worth paying for that service.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You may well pay less, mine was the most expensive they did when I fitted it and the service price reflects it. The cheaper ones start at £119.

I had the expensive one because it could maintain the temperature to 1 degree and I used it to run a water bath in my darkroom.

Reply to
dennis

Right. Mine is the rather old low pressure type with 22mm feeds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just looked and the book price for mine (Excel built-in) is now £636

Reply to
Andy Burns

The lad couldn't understand what I was getting at when I said I was better off without the contract. (On the basis that if I did have a problem it wouldn't cost much to replace the shower. That was around

10 years ago.)
Reply to
Peter Johnson

I have had a number of folk quite unable to understand the concept that, for a risk you could handle if necessary, if the insurance company can make enough profit to stay in business, then you are, on average, better off saving the money.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon