Mira Excel Shower - Water won't turn off

I have a Mira Excel basic shower that was in the house when we bought it over 5 years ago. The controls have got increasingly stiff to operate and the water was very hit and miss when turning off as we have to go through various combinations of turning the dials on full then off then to the hot full on then the cold to get the water to stop flowing out the shower head. Recently our tricks haven't worked and even if we turn the bath and sink full on and then gradually off which used to balance the pressure and stop the flow it now keeps running at a constant flow.

Does anyone know what we should do? We are not confident DIYers but we also are very strapped for cash at the moment but hate the fact that we are wasting so much water especially when the country has a hose pipe ban.

Any advice would be very gratefully received. I have emailed Mira and await their reply but look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Victoria

Reply to
vkatek

You should have investigated it when you realised it was stiff and asked about lubricating the controls.

Try

You should be able to buy an internal module. Chances are a gear tooth has broken.

Reply to
John

Thanks for your advice. We would have sorted the problem earlier but we didn't know about this news group and so didn't know who to ask.

I have written to the Shower Doctor and wait for their reply. So is an Internal Module easy to fit? Thanks for your help. Victoria

John wrote:

Reply to
vkatek

You need to isolate the shower by fitting a pair of valves into the pipework. A bit of DIY I think. Look on

for a pair of 15mm Isolating Valves

Reply to
John

John

Reply to
vkatek

I think you need to find a plumber or a "Handyman" to fit you two isolating valves so that you can turn the shower off whilst it has the fault - and when you need to service it. Sometimes they are referred to as Service Valves.

You could consider buying a new shower mixer as an alternative to a repair. If you are not very skilled you may not have the tools or the know how to replace the module and the seals.

Try:

John